Bike to Work Week
Monday May 27th, 2019 - Saturday June 1st
We all know that riding a bike is just a plain old good time, but it’s also a fantastic way to get in shape, save your wallet from the gas pumps, get your whole family out together, and improve our air quality. So let's dust off those bikes and get ready for the 6th annual Bike to Work Week! Community members of all ages are encouraged to get out on the road with others and feel supported as you make the transition from four wheels to two. Local Businesses, the Town of Smithers and local partner organizations are excited to have put together a week filled with all things cycling. There will be various celebration stations at lunchtime throughout Smithers at which participant can meet up to get some goodies and collectively enjoy the health and social benefits of cycling. Bike to Work Week is a fantastic opportunity to practice sustainable transportation and is a great way to spend more time outdoors in the beautiful Bulkley Valley, and we look forward to seeing you out there!!
Sign up for Bike to Work and School Week and log your kilometres at http://gobybikebc.ca/smithers
Download your Bike to Work passport and qualify for the grand prize draw of a Liv Flouris bike, Donated by McBike & Sport!
- Bugwood launch 12-1, giant cake, coffee tasting, kids strider crit, adult strider crit, bike tuneups, CICK music, 50/50, MC's & more
- Full Circle Cycle Stretch 7-8pm
- Nature’s Pantry Celebrations 12-1, gourmet food, good conversation, CICK DJ's, 50/50
- Free Pool admission (all day for cyclits who arrive on bike)
- McBike 30th Celebration 12-1, delicious lunch, photo booth challenge, 50/50, Dress in retro inspired tight/bright fitness gearfor a chance to win some great prizes.
- Aquabatics free paddle 3:30-6:30 (for cyclists who arrive on bike. Call to confirm your spot)
- Bovill "School Kids" Celebration 11-12, Subway, Panego and Paul's lunch, freezies, prizes, moose ratiod, MC and kids fun
- Sausage Factory & Bovill 12-1, Discounted toonie hot dog/hamburger bbq for cyclists, 50/50, music
- UFO Borscht for bikers 3:30-5:30 free soup & such for cyclist at Ukranian Food Owesome at Smithers Airport
- Grendel Celebration 12-1, homegrown lunch, 50/50, music & more
- BV Brewery Happy Hour, BVB live music & "buck a beer" pints
- Roadhouse Brunch Celebration & Wrap-up 9:30-10:30am, gourmet eats, passport draws, prizin/awards, 50/50, wheel of fortune, music and more
- Interior News Community Group 10km ride 11-12, relaxing and social ride leaving roadhouse led by news reporter Trevor Hewitt.